Brenton qualified for a family trip through his work again, and this year, the trip was to Disneyland in California. We decided to leave Norah back and enjoy the time with just Isaiah.

We left on a Sunday morning so we arrived with half of the day left to spend at the pool. We stayed at a beautiful resort right in Downtown Disney. Our resort had a restaurant in it called the Storybook cafe. In it, they had some Disney characters wandering around and stoping at all of the tables. Isaiah thought this was the coolest thing ever. He was loving the Chipmunks and Pluto! I honestly think this was the best part of the trip for him!

On Monday we got tickets into the park and spent the day exploring Disneyland. My brother, Alex, lives in Oceanside so my mom flew in and the 2 of them joined us. Isaiah wasn't tall enough to ride most of the rides so we did what we could. It was pretty crowded but we managed to have some fun and make some good memories!

Tuesday morning, before my mom and Alex took off, we went to a dine-in moving theater to see Despicable Me 3 in 3D. It was our first experience in one of these theaters! We had big reclining seats and Isaiah sat still through the entire movie. This was the one evening we didn't have a dinner to attend, so we went to the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. If you are familiar with the Rainforest Cafe, you know they have animated animals throughout the restaurant. We were seated right next to the elephants. Isaiah was enamored and didn't want to take his eyes off of them! They also do the fake thunderstorms every 30 minutes. We were not sure how he was going to handle it, but he thought it was pretty cool.

Wednesday we spent almost the entire day at the pool. He went down both the big and little water slides and has absolutely no fear when it comes to jumping in! That night we had a company hosted dinner at the resort. They had incredible food for us and we also got to do a meet and greet with Mickey and Minnie Mouse! Again, I think the characters were Isaiah's favorite part of the whole trip.

Our travel day on Thursday was something else. We missed our shuttle by seconds to get to the airport. Luckily the hotel payed for our $100 taxi back to LAX so we made it in time. We got checked in and on our plane, but then sat for an hour at the terminal because they had to fix a tire. This caused us to miss our connection in Denver. We then had a 4 hour wait until the next flight. They delayed our flight home 2 more times after that. We didn't end up getting home until a little before midnight. On the bright side, all of our luggage made it and we didn't crash in the thunderstorm that was rolling in when we took off. So, there's that. ;)

Thanks for the memories, Disney!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Berger & Co.. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.